UMMS In the News
Thought leaders and innovators in life-changing medicine throughout the University of Maryland Medical System are regularly featured in local, regional and national media.
Take a look at recent stories about our system hospitals.
- They Evoke Darth Vader, but These Masks May Save Your Doctor’s Life – New York Times; 5/27/20
- High Blood Pressure Drugs Apparently Don’t Add to COVID-19 Danger as Earlier Feared – Washington Post; 6/13/20
- Reusable Respirators Protect Doctors and Nurses Against Coronavirus, They Aren’t in the National Stockpile – USA Today; 4/3/20
- University of Maryland Study Uses Tiny Bubbles in Hopes of Getting Cancer-Fighting Drugs Inside the Brain – Baltimore Sun; 10/2/19
- Fact Check: Staph Infections Are Common and Aren’t Caused by Face Masks – USA Today; 9/18/20
- Maryland Doctors Sound the Alarm after Seeing Drop in Heart Attacks and Strokes Amid Coronavirus Pandemic – Baltimore Sun; 4/20/20
- Coronavirus: How to Stay Healthy While Traveling – US News & World Report; 3/20/20
- Cancer is Terrifying. Dealing with Cancer During a Coronavirus Pandemic is Worse – Baltimore Sun; 6/18/20
- GammaPod: New Treatment for Early Breast Cancer – WCBS, New York; 2/5/19
- Students Learn Life-Saving Techniques Once Reserved for Military – CNN; 8/21/18
- Overcoming Opioids: When Prescribing Pills is a Last Resort – Associated Press; 5/2/17