Social Media Code of Ethics
University of Maryland Medical Center
Blog and Social Networking Code of Ethics
The Medical Center has developed a code of ethics which applies to Internet conversations/postings on both Medical Center-sponsored sites as well as in comments on other sites.
The code of ethics has the following rules:
- Postings and comments about the Medical Center or on Medical Center sites shall be ethical, honest and accurate.
- Postings which contain mistakes are to be corrected promptly
- The Medical Center will remove/delete spam and other inappropriate content. The Medical Center will reply to comments, blog posts, emails, etc., when appropriate in its judgment.
- The Medical Center may link directly to other Web sites and online materials to provide additional information or resources for Web users.
- Medical Center staff members are to avoid conflicts of interest and to disclose conflicts that might arise when making or responding to postings or comments.