UMMC's Patient Care Services Information
Practitioners (attendings, dentists, clinical psychologists, podiatrists, physician assistants and advanced practice nurses) at UMMC are approved for various privileges/procedures through the hospital credentialing process, which includes review by the Credentials and Medical Executive Committees and the Board of Directors.
Residents/Fellows: Each residency and fellowship program at UMMC has a defined process for establishing roles, responsibilities, and patient care activities of trainees. All residents/fellows at UMMC acquire varying levels of competence for many procedures during the course of their training.
Attending and Affiliate Staff Practitioners
All practitioners at UMMC are approved for various privileges/procedures through the hospital credentialing process, which includes review by the Credentials and Medical Executive Committees and the Board of Directors.
If a Patient Care Services staff member is unsure as to whether a practitioner is approved for a certain procedure, Midas Credentialing should be accessed in order to obtain verification.
To access Midas Credentialing, go to the Patient Care Resources tab on the Intranet. Under Hospital and Clinical Resources, click on Midas, then Midas Credentialing.
- Enter the User ID: NURSEONE (all caps)
- Enter Password: MANAGERONE (all caps)
- Click on the Privileges Inquiry button (or click on Function to access same)
- Enter the Physician's last name or just the first few letters of the last name ”“ then hit the tab key
- Select the desired name and click OK
- After you've selected the provider, you should see the Dept/Division of the practitioner. The physician will be listed as follows: ACTIVE or INACTIVE. If the status is INACTIVE, or no status is listed, then the practitioner does not have current hospital privileges. Please contact Medical Staff Services at 8-2902 or the Administrator-on-Call outside of normal business hours for further information.
- Some departments group their privileges into categories. To see a description of these categories, click the + under Priv. Desc. Once finished, click Close to exit description.
- To review individual privileges, click on the “Show Privileges” button. All individual privileges, either ACTIVE or INACTIVE, for a particular specialty will appear.
- Once viewing is complete, click Close.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if the practitioner I'm looking for doesn't appear?
You should assume that he/she has no privileges at this institution. Contact Medical Staff Services as above.
Are residents/fellows in the database?
Yes, however, you will not see any privileges in their record as they are not privileged as attending physicians. See the J-Mail on using the E-Value system for access to resident information.
Are Advanced Practice Nurses (NPs, CRNAs, Midwives) or Physician Assistants in the database?
For further Privileging Questions, please contact:
- Allison Andrus, Director, Medical Staff Services, 8-1151 or firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Heather Keating, Senior Medical Staff Coordinator, 8-2103 or email@example.com
- For Technical Support, please contact Bradley Lansinger, Midas Database Analyst, 8-7458 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- View a handout with instructions and sample screen shots.
NOTE: These supervision guidelines are not meant to establish a standard of care that must be followed in each case. UMMC recognizes that conditions will vary depending upon individual patients and that those medical professionals caring for the patient must use their judgment in determining what is in the best interest of the patient based on the circumstances existing at the time. As such, departures from these guidelines may be required.
If a Patient Care Services staff member is unsure as to the competency of a particular resident/fellow, E-Value should be accessed. E-Value is a web-based system, and is accessed through the internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if the resident I'm looking for doesn't appear?
The resident or fellow is probably not an UMMC employee and perhaps a rotator in one of the training programs. Contact Medical Staff Services at 8-2902, or the Administrator-on-Call if outside of normal business hours.
What if the resident/fellow is not complying with the supervision recommended?
The staff member should contact the attending on call for immediate assistance. The program director should also be notified of the situation, as well as the UMMC GME office during normal business hours. The latter may be contacted via email with feedback at email@example.com.