Our Psychiatry Residents
At the University of Maryland Medical Center, we strive to bring in residents from varied backgrounds and provide them with high-quality training so that they are prepared to excel in the next step of their careers. Learn more about:
- Current UMMC Psychiatry Residents:
- UMMC's Psychiatry Residency Alumni
Psychiatry Residency Life Outside the Office
While we are focused on providing the best psychiatry residency training possible, we also strive to create a tight-knit community with activities outside of work. Highlights include:
- Orioles Game: For new residents entering the program, the education leadership and the chief residents typically attend a Baltimore Orioles game together as one of the orientation activities
- Department Picnic: Each year the training office holds a picnic to welcome the incoming PGY-1 residents to our program. It is typically held at an area park. Residents are welcome to bring their family members or significant others, and there is a wide range of activities throughout the day.
- All-resident retreat: In the late summer, the residency program holds an all-resident retreat at an off-site location. The day's activities are developed by a retreat committee and typically focus on team building activities and resident wellness.
- Annual Holiday Party: in December, the training office organizes a dinner for all the PG years and for the department staff.