Psychiatry Residency - Benefits
We encourage our residents to get involved with the larger Psychiatric community. To facilitate this, we will refund the cost of membership to the American Psychiatric Association (APA) and the Maryland Psychiatric Society (MPS). Many of our faculty are active in the APA and MPS and they help facilitate the residents’ involvement with these organizations.
Many of our residents present workshops, posters, and papers at national meetings. We help support them in this endeavor. Residents may receive up to $1500 per year if they are presenting at a national meeting.
- University of Maryland/Sheppard Pratt Residents at the 2017 APA Annual Meeting
- University of Maryland/Sheppard Pratt Residents at the 2016 APA Annual Meeting
- The program will pay half the cost of obtaining a Maryland Medical License if it is obtained prior to the end of the PG2 year.
- The program will reimburse each resident up to $250 per year for educational expenses.
- The program will reimburse each graduating PGY4 resident $1000 if they register for the Boards prior to graduation.
- Several extra training opportunities (i.e., internal moonlighting) are available within our participating institutions, which allow PGY3 and PGY4 residents to earn extra pay.
- The program pays for parking for the residents.
- Learn more about UMMC residency salaries and benefits