University of Maryland/Sheppard Pratt Psychiatry Residency
The University of Maryland / Sheppard Pratt Psychiatry Residency Program is designed to train residents to be exceptional psychiatrists.
Our program provides comprehensive in-depth training in all aspects of psychiatry at diverse training sites in a collaborative, collegial and supportive environment.
During residency, our residents often work on a one-on-one basis with dedicated faculty members taking care of a diverse patient population.
After completing training in our program, graduates have gone on to excel in all areas of psychiatry because of the broad training they received.
Between our core and elective rotations, our faculty members' breadth of experience in the field, and our diverse training sites providing exposure to all aspects of psychiatry, we offer one of the most comprehensive psychiatry training programs in the country.
Psychiatry Residency Applicants
- See an overview of our program
- Learn about the different training and curriculum you will receive
- Read about our current and former residents
- Apply for the UMMC/Sheppard Pratt Psychiatry Residency
- Baltimore provides plenty of recreational opportunities outside of work