Applying for UMMC's OB-GYN Residency
Applications for the University of Maryland Medical Center's OB-GYN residency program are accepted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
We participate in the National Resident Matching Program.
The University of Maryland Medical Center's OB/GYN residents has 28 residents; 7 at each PGY level.
We do not have any preliminary positions. We are ‘DO and FMG friendly.’
To learn more about the University of Maryland Medical Center's OB-GYN residency, contact Beth Singer at 410-328-5959 or at email@example.com.
- USMLE Step scores are required from all applicants.
- The majority of applicants we interview have scored 220 or better on Step 1 on the first attempt.
- We strongly recommend that you provide a Step 2 score as soon as possible in the interview process. A Step 2 score is required prior to the rank list deadline.
- We require three Letters of Recommendation (LOR). It is highly desirable to have one letter from the OBGyn Chair. In addition to the LOR, we require an MSPE from your medical school.
- The deadline for applications is November 1.
- Interview dates for 2018 will be on the following Fridays: November 2, November 16, November 30, December 7, December 14, December 21
Information for FMGs/IMGs
- Our hospital sponsors J-1 visas only.
- ECFMG certification is required.
- US clinic experience is not required.
- Applicants need to have graduated medical school within the last 5 years.
- Medical school transcripts must include letter grades. Transcripts with hours/credits only will not be accepted.