Application Process - Neonatal-Perinatal Fellowship
Our fellowship program participates in the fall match through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applications are accepted through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) beginning in June. https://www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/fellowship_applicants/
Please visit the ONTP (Organization of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Training Program Directors) website for information at http://www2.aap.org/sections/perinatal/ONTPDfiles/ONTPDApplicants.html. Selected applicants will be invited for interviews from July to October. Match day is in mid November.
The following documents are required for applicants to be considered for interview:
- Completed ERAS application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Letters of recommendation (3-4) from faculty of your current training program.
- Faculty should be well acquainted with you.
- We recommend that faculty use the referee's evaluation form provided at at https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/Committees-Councils-Sections/Neonatal-Perinatal-Medicine/Pages/Neonatal-Perinatal-Medicine.aspx.
- Fellows can be sponsored under the J-1 visa program. H-1B visas are not accepted.
- Pre-employment physical is required and includes proof of vaccination
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Medical school transcript
- Complete USLME transcript and ECFMG Clinical Skills Assessment (CSA)
- Pediatric In-Training Exam scores if available
Employment Requirements- University of Maryland Medical Center
- Satisfactory completion of an ACGME-accredited pediatric residency