Program Overview - Infectious Diseases Fellowship
The University of Maryland is the oldest public medical school in the United States (and the 5th oldest medical school overall). It was the first medical school to build its own hospital with the primary intent of clinical instruction.
The study and treatment of infectious diseases has been at the core of the University of Maryland School of Medicine since it even existed as a specialty. Now, we have an internationally-recognized program known for training future ID physicians.
- View a timeline for infectious diseases at the University of Maryland
- See answers to frequently asked questions about the University of Maryland's infectious diseases fellowship
- Read a welcome letter from the Infectious Diseases Fellowship's Program Director
- Read the Infectious Diseases Division Chief's welcome letter
- Living in Baltimore provides lots of opportunities for fun outside of work.