Orientation Training - Residency Coordinators
Resident Coordinator Orientation Training Materials
Below are the distributed materials from our annual Residency Coordinator Orientation training. These links will help you with the on boarding of your new residents and fellows.
ACLS/BLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Basic Life Support)
The hospital requires the following programs to complete ACLS/BLS training:
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- OMF Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Use this IS&T form to request a DocHalo account. This form is also used to request EPIC access as well.
Before beginning work at the University of Maryland Medical Center, every employee must schedule a pre-placement health evaluation with Employee Health Services (EHS). The pre-placement exam can be scheduled as early as 60 days prior to, and no later than 2 weeks before, the scheduled start date. Please remind your residents and fellows to scan and email all of the completed documents (health questionnaire, MD note if required, immunization record, TB screening record) to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to their scheduled appointment.
- Treating Physician Pre-placement Medical Review
- Pre-placement Health Evaluation
- First Floor Map to UMMC
- Health Questionnaire
- Employee Health Services (EHS) FAQs
- EHS Registration Form
- Hepatitis B Information and Declination
- Tdap declination
Each new resident or fellow must receive EPIC training. The training schedule is coordinated by the GME office and the program coordinator.
- On March 1st, Margo will contact you regarding the estimated number of trainees and the preferred training dates.
- After Match Day occurs, you have until March 30th to confirm the number of resident and fellow trainees and the preferred training dates. (Program trainees should all train together on the same day.)
- On April 1st, Margo will send a blank EPIC Trainee Sign-Up sheet. Please add the residents and fellows to the sheet and return the completed spreadsheet to Margo by April 30th.
- Complete and submit EPIC access forms either via email at email@example.com or FAX (410) 328-5499.
This training is now incorporated into the UMMC Annual Training assigned in May/June. The training can be found in UMMS U and is due by September 1st. Employees should use HRConnections to access their UMMS U accounts. Additional information about UMMS U, including a Quick Guide, can be found on the hospital intranet page.
- Offer Letter
- FY 20 Applicant Communication Package
- Resident Fellow Data File Instructions Email completed file to Maureen at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 30, 2018.
- FY20 Salaries and Hourly Rates
- Social Security Numbers for Noncitizens
- UMMS Disability Benefits Chart
REMINDER: If a resident or fellow is graduating and coming off of UMMC payroll but are staying on as faculty or Chief, they must get a new badge. Badges are made at Security Service Center, NBE47, Monday–Friday, 6:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Schedule the library orientation with Yunting Fu, MLS at email@example.com. The orientation takes approximately one hour and covers how to create an account to access library resources, finding and using the many services provided by the library, and searching PubMed, UpToDate, and Micromedex.
Ordering lab coats and requesting scrub machine access
Please complete the Scrub Access File and email to Linen
- Timeline for ID and Credentialing Process FY19 IMPORTANT!
- Spreadsheet for Medical Staff (Resident & Fellow information for credentialing link)
- Welcoming Credentialing Letter
- NPI Enrollment Instructions (Each resident must apply for an NPI number)
Perioperative Orientation and Radiation Safety training information
Instructions on registering your NEW residents for parking and confirming your RETURNING residents.
Department of Veterans Affairs
- Resident Application Process
- Credentialing Application (all three attachments)
VPN Access Remote access request form