"Within Our Reach" Symposium
Questions:410 328-7817 410 328-7817
Within Our Reach is our unique patient educational program that recognizes the importance of engaging patients, caregivers and family members in an active process to learn the new skills necessary to manage their chronic medical condition.
Please join us for the University of Maryland Annual Parkinson’s Disease Symposium:
- Event Theme: Challenged But Not Shaken
- Date: Friday, October 21, 2022
- Time: 9 am-2 pm
- Location: BWI Hilton 1739 W. Nursery Rd. Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
- Cost: Tickets are $30 per person
Registration is now available.
Event highlights include:
- Keynote Speaker: Robert Cochrane, a filmmaker and PhD student at the University of Nevada Las Vegas in the Integrated Health Sciences department studying the effect of improvisation on Parkinson’s disease. He has created two innovative programs to improve quality of life measures for people with and affected by PD.
- New Session: Learning from each other networking opportunity for patients and care partners to connect with others and share ideas.
- Self-care Movement Health Fair featuring sessions in meditation and tai chi.
- Insights from renowned neurologists from the University of Maryland Medical Center