"Within Our Reach" Symposium
Within Our Reach is our unique patient educational program that recognizes the importance of engaging patients, caregivers and family members in an active process to learn the new skills necessary to manage their chronic medical condition.
When: Friday, April 26, 2019; 8 am – 3 pm
Where: BWI Airport Hilton
Keynote Speaker: Don Most, the actor and entertainer you remember as Ralph Malph on TV's Happy Days, is now a Parkinson's caregiver for his wife, Morgan. His Insightful and humorous account of their 18 year journey will inspire and astound you.
How to Register: Use this registration link to sign up
Within Our Reach Symposium Activities
The day will be filled with activities to inform both patients and caretakers. Activities include:
- Self-Care Workshops for patients and care partners
- Self-Care Movement Health Fair featuring sessions in tai chi, boxing, pickle ball, Parkinsonics, rhythm band and more!
- Insights from renowned neurologists from the University of Maryland Medical Center. Speeches include:
- "Is Miss Communication a guest in your house?" – Justin Martello, MD
- Enjoying the Benefits of "Me" time – Michelle Peralta
- Get off the Care Partner Treadmill – Deb Shpritz, RN, PhD
- A Look at PD in the Year 2030 Discussion – Joseph Savitt, MD, PhD