What Is an Audiologist?
Call for appointment:410-328-5947 410-328-5947
and Balance Team
An audiologist earns a master's or a doctoral degree in audiology. All of the audiologists at the Hearing and Balance Center are licensed by the State of Maryland Board of Examiners for Audiologists, Speech-Language Pathologists and Hearing Aid Dispensers and are certified by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (CCC-A).
Audiologists are trained hearing-health professionals who:
- Evaluate hearing using behavioral and objective (non-behavioral) test procedures
- Identify hearing loss
- Refer patients to otolaryngologists (ENTs) for medical or surgical management of hearing loss and ear disease
- Determine need for hearing rehabilitation
- Determine candidacy for hearing aids
- Select and fit hearing aids
- Evaluate the balance system
The professional audiology staff at the Hearing and Balance Center is highly experienced in basic and advanced audiological tests for adults and children, hearing aid fittings for adults and children and newborn hearing screenings.