University of Maryland’s board-certified opticians are dedicated to your sight, providing the latest in testing and care, and offering the finest in eyewear to meet any price point.
Our eye care providers specialize in lenses, spectacle lens materials, tints, designs and coatings. Whether fitting a child or an adult for eyeglasses, UM opticians take a personalized approach to helping patients decide what style, designer and features they prefer based on lifestyle and sight needs.
We offer an assortment of the most advanced lenses, all customized for you. Options include:
- Anti-Reflective Coatings. Reduce glare off computer screens and haloes around lights at night.
- High-Index Lenses. Offer superior vision in a leaner, lightweight lens, plus an aspheric surface.
- Transition Lenses. Help maintain comfortable vision as you go indoors or outdoors, while keeping the sun’s harmful UV rays at bay.
- Polycarbonate Lenses. Help you stay active with comfortable high-impact resistant, UV and scratch-resistant lenses. Great for children, sports enthusiasts and monocular patients.
- Polarized and Sunwear. Protect you against harmful rays at the beach, on the water, or in the snow.
- Progressive Lenses. Let you see clearly at any distance without those annoying (and aging) bifocal or trifocal lines.
We carry a variety of brands, such as RayBan, Gucci, Kate Spade, Tory Burch, Fossil, Vogue, Marc Jacobs, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren and Nine West.
In one location, we provide consults and exams, as well as an optical shop, meeting all needs under one roof. In Columbia, we also offer an Ambulatory Surgery Center for eye surgeries.
419 W. Redwood Street, Suite 420
Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 4 pm
5900 Waterloo Road, Suite 230
Hours of Operation:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 8 am – 4 pm
- Tuesday & Sunday: Closed
- Saturday: 8 am – 12 pm
Use it for contact lenses, frames and glasses. Now accepting UMMC employees with VSP Insurance
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 667-214-1111.