The Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition provides patients with endocrine disorders and diabetes access to the best treatment available in the nation.
In addition, our specialists provide state-of-the-art clinical care and perform cutting edge research for the full spectrum of endocrine disorders including osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease, and thyroid, pituitary, adrenal, reproductive and other hormonal disorders.
Read stories about patients treated for diabetes and pre-diabetes at the University of Maryland Medical Center
- Comprehensive management of diabetes and its complications using a multidisciplinary team approach
- Diagnosis and treatment of hormonal disorders, including hypo- and hyperthyroidism, thyroid nodules and cancer, osteoporosis and other bone disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis
- Coordination with Nuclear Medicine, Neurosurgery, Transplant Surgery and Endocrine Surgery for specialized diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for hormonal disorders
Services to Physicians
- Educational programs (CME)
- Consultation for diabetes education and dietary management
- Consultation on complicated cases of diabetes and other endocrine diseases
- Second opinions
- Evaluation of patient conditions
- Special diagnostic (provocative testing of hormone axes; ultrasound-guided thyroid aspirations, bone densitometry)
- Evaluation for endocrine surgery and/or radiation and gamma knife therapy, and dosimetry and radioiodine therapy
- Short-term and long-term patient management
For more information, call the University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service at 800-492-5538 (patients) or 800-373-4111 (physicians). For diabetes referrals please call the University of Maryland Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology at 888-567-5468.