The Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Nutrition provides patients with endocrine disorders and diabetes access to the best treatment available in the nation.
In addition, our specialists provide state-of-the-art clinical care and perform cutting edge research for the full spectrum of endocrine disorders including osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease, and thyroid, pituitary, adrenal, reproductive and other hormonal disorders.
- Comprehensive management of diabetes and its complications using a multidisciplinary team approach
- Diagnosis and treatment of hormonal disorders, including hypo- and hyperthyroidism, thyroid nodules and cancer, osteoporosis and other bone disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis
- Coordination with Nuclear Medicine, Neurosurgery, Transplant Surgery and Endocrine Surgery for specialized diagnostic and therapeutic interventions for hormonal disorders
Services to Physicians
- Educational programs (CME)
- Consultation for diabetes education and dietary management
- Consultation on complicated cases of diabetes and other endocrine diseases
- Second opinions
- Evaluation of patient conditions
- Special diagnostic (provocative testing of hormone axes; ultrasound-guided thyroid aspirations, bone densitometry)
- Evaluation for endocrine surgery and/or radiation and gamma knife therapy, and dosimetry and radioiodine therapy
- Short-term and long-term patient management
For more information, call the University Physicians Consultation and Referral Service at 800-492-5538 (patients) or 800-373-4111 (physicians). For diabetes referrals please call the University of Maryland Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology at 888-567-5468.