The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) is comprised of two hospitals in Baltimore: an 800-bed teaching hospital — the flagship institution of the 12-hospital University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) — and a 200-bed community teaching hospital, UMMC Midtown Campus.
UMMC is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, neurocare, cardiac care, diabetes and endocrinology, women's and children's health and has one of the largest solid organ transplant programs in the country. All physicians on staff at the flagship hospital are faculty physicians of the University of Maryland School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, UMMC participates in cutting-edge research and clinical trials, which gives patients access to the newest treatments.
Key Centers and Divisions
- R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
- Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Comprehensive Cancer Center
- UM Children's Hospital
- Joseph and Corinne Schwartz Division of Transplantation
- UM Heart and Vascular Center
- See all Centers and Services