Our Billing Process
UMGCCC is a hospital-based ambulatory center. You will receive a bill from your physician for his or her fee, and a bill from the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) for hospital charges. See our Understanding Your Medical Bill brochure for more information.
- For general insurance questions, please contact the UMGCCC Patient Referral Office at 410-328-7904.
- For specific questions about a bill you have received, call the following:
- Physician services (professional fees): 410-328-8795
- Medical Center fees (hospital charges): 410-616-9010 or 800-243-9797
Online Bill Pay
Pay your bill online using our secure portal.
UMGCCC has contracts with nearly all managed care insurance carriers. See a complete list of carriers.
University of Maryland Medical Center accepts many insurance plans including most managed care plans. If you have questions regarding whether or not an insurance plan is accepted, please call 410-328-5051 or 800-373-4111.
If you have specific questions about the details of your insurance coverage, the customer service department at your insurance company or your employee benefits office will be able to help. They can provide information about any co-pays or deductibles for which you will be responsible.
If your insurance company requires a referral from your primary care physician, you will need to bring the referral form with you for your appointment. Any co-pays required by your insurance carrier must be paid at the time of your clinic appointment.
Help for the Uninsured
The National Cancer Institute has a list of organizations and agencies that may be able to help with health care costs at Financial Assistance and Other Resources for People with Cancer.
Other resources available to help the uninsured include:
- Baltimore City Cancer Program: Offers free breast and cervical cancer screening for uninsured women in Baltimore City.
- Colorectal Cancer Control Program: Offers free or low-cost colon cancer screening.
- Patient Advocate Foundation
- American Cancer Society Support Programs and Services
Blood and Marrow Transplant
For questions and help with financial issues about blood and marrow transplant, please call our BMT Transplant coordinator at 410-328-7904. We will be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns related to the insurance process. If you are a new patient, you will be contacted prior to your initial consultation appointment to ensure that you understand any special forms required by your insurance company (referrals, authorizations, etc.).