Hurricane Isaias Emergency Preparations
The Emergency Management team has been monitoring the track of Hurricane Isaias. Harford County, particularly the Havre de Grace area, is beginning to feel the impact of Isaias with its heavy rains and winds. If you work at the HMH campus, we ask that you follow the emergency detour route below if flooding impacts your drive to or from work.
Thank you and stay safe!
Emergency Detour Route to UM Harford Memorial Hospital via National Guard
Note: This route is to be used for urgent/emergency purposes or essential personnel travel to and from Harford Memorial Hospital:
Maryland Route 7 (Old Post Road) to Old Bay Lane
Turn at red light onto Old Bay Lane
Turn Left onto 3rd Street, through gate at National Guard Property
Pass through 3 gates located on the City of Havre de Grace Public Works Property
Follow Detour Signage
After passing through 3rd gate, turn left
Go (along fence) to stop sign and turn Right
Go approx. 100 feet to stop sign and turn left
Turn Right onto Bloomsbury Avenue (approx. 150 feet)
Go to 2nd stop sign and turn Right onto Giles Street
Go 4 blocks and turn Left onto Union Ave.
Go 3 blocks and turn right onto Lewis Street
The Hospital Emergency Entrance will be on the left
Emergency Detour Route from UM Harford Memorial Hospital via alternate route
Turn left onto South Union Avenue heading towards the park.
Turn right onto Giles Street.
Turn left onto either Chesapeake Drive or Bloomsbury Avenue.
Turn right onto Seneca Avenue.
Turn left onto Post Road and follow to Route 40.
Please consider the following as we want you to be prepared, and to help us to continue to provide the necessary services to our patients during this time.
- Have your family emergency plans in place
- Have phone numbers handy
- A radio (Harford County Updates: WXCY – 103.7FM and WHFC – 91.1FM)
- Secure outside belongings and furniture as we expect high winds and strong gusts
- Watch the Harford Cable Network for County Updates (Comcast channel 21, Armstrong channel 7, Verizon channel 31)
- Follow the Harford County Government website (harfordcountymd.gov) for useful updates and information for you and your family
- Review your departmental emergency plan to know your role
- Allow for additional travel time to work
- During high winds bridges will be closed
- Havre de Grace roads tend to flood
- Call the UCH Weather Hotline at 443-643-3367 for details about the hospital operations
- Pack extra clothes in case you stay overnight. Sleeping arrangements will be facilitated by the Command Center.