ACC/PII Parking Garage Improvements
The University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Medical Center is pleased to announce complimentary valet parking for patients and visitors during our garage renovation project. This will commence Monday, Jan. 8th. The valet location is at the front of the Hospital Lobby Entrance 8 am – 4 pm, Monday - Friday.
We're making some much-needed improvements to the Pavilion II parking garage beginning at the end of October through the end of the year to improve the flow of vehicle and pedestrians in and around the Parking Garage. These enhancements will streamline traffic flow in and out of the garage and improve the existing dedicated drop-off and pick-up areas.
Upgrades to the garage will include:
PHASE 1 – Start October 30, 2017
- A new 2-lane entrance into the garage from Upper Chesapeake Drive; the current entrances off of the loop near the Family Birthplace will close.
- The entry & exit points will be widened for improved accessibility. Our goal is to reduce the wait time at the exit points for the 700 cars that use the garage each day.
- Exit lanes: Instead of paying directly to a parking attendant, visitors will now use one of two lanes to exit—one lane for cash/debit/credit, the other for debit/credit only.
- A "roaming" concierge to manage parking issues, answer questions, help to direct people, locate wheelchairs, etc.
PHASE 2 – Estimated Start December 1
- Four parking spots will be added to expectant mom spaces outside of the Family Birthplace entrance (there are currently 3)
- The Family Birth drive will be widened to create a dedicated vendor loading/unloading area.
What can parkers expect to happen during the construction period?
- Highly visible temporary signage alerting them to the construction as well as parking instructions
- Parking staff will be posted at the new entrance and the drop-off area to assist patients and guests. Wheel chairs will be deployed at the drop-off.
- Once the two new entrance lanes from Upper Chesapeake Drive are created, the entryway and circle near Klein ACC and the Family Birthplace will close for approximately three weeks to allow for the improvements.
- Emergency access to the Family Birth Entrance will always be available.
- During the PHASE 2 of construction:
- 1 of the new entrance lanes will be for drop-off only
- 1 of the new entrance lane will be for parking only
- The back right corner of the garage (closest to the Family Birthplace), first level, will be reserved for FBP visitors only
- The garage will be free for all users during PHASE 2.
Please share this information with your patients and visitors. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Phil Crocker at 443-643-1305. View a map of the areas impacted by the construction.