As a HERO, you are the most important part of how we improve our community. But to take care of others, you need to take care of you.
These resources are available when you need emotional support.
We don't always realize how stressed we are. These assessments and scales will help you see your levels of stress and self-care.
- Compassion Satisfaction/Fatigue Self-Test for Helpers
- Coping Assessment by Eileen Skinner
- Emotional Trauma and Resiliency Building
- Professional Quality of Life Scale
- Connor-Davidson Resilience Scale
- Self-Care Assessment Worksheet
- Harford County Crisis Center: For counseling or emergency crisis, call 1-800-NEXT STEP. Available 24/7.
- Emergency Responders: Tips for Taking Care of Yourself : A collection of resources from the CDC.
- National Institute of Health: Resources for Coping with Covid-19: Resources for dealing with stress at home and on the job.
- Understanding Gratitude: The Connection Between Healing and Philanthropy
- Gratitude as Medicine: A Survival Kit for Healthcare Organizations