Am I a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?
Call for appointment:443-843-6360 443-843-6360
You may qualify for bariatric surgery if you have:
- a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or more (approx 100 lbs overweight for men or 80 lbs overweight for women)
- a BMI between 35 and 39.9 and a serious obesity-related health problem such as Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, or severe sleep apnea
- an understanding of the lifetime behavior modifications (our team will teach you!) that you will need to make in addition to the surgery
Join us for a FREE Informational Weight Loss Session
The best way to get started is to attend a free information session. These sessions are designed to answer your questions, help you understand your options and to really take that first step towards learning about lasting weight loss and weight loss surgery. Sessions are available at both campuses:
- 2nd Tuesday of each month at UM Harford Memorial Hospital – 5:30 pm
- 4th Tuesday of each month at UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center – 5:30 pm
After attending an informational session, you will be scheduled for an initial consultation with the surgeon and our care team. Each patient will undergo routine testing and consultations with other physicians to be sure you are a good candidate for weight loss surgery. Our team will also help you tackle the insurance approval process.
For details more information, call 443-843-6360.