For more information call:443-643-2327 443-643-2327
The lungs are an important part of our bodies, expanding and relaxing thousands of times each day to bring in oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide. Our pulmonary care team offers diagnostic testing and treatment options close to home.
- Standard bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial ultrasound
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery
- Cardiopulmonary stress testing
- Right heart catheterization
- Accredited pulmonary function lab
- Accredited sleep disorders center
Pulmonary Testing and Medicine
With health experts, technology and specialty services in one location, we can find solutions that offer you a better quality of life. We test for and treat many respiratory illnesses including, but not limited to:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Occupational lung diseases
- Allergy induced lung diseases
- Medication related lung toxicity
- Sarcoidosis and other “autoimmune” diseases
- Infections such as pneumonia or tuberculosis
- Neuromuscular disease-associated breathing disorders
To make an appointment for testing call ScheduleFirst at 443-843-7000. A physician referral is required.
Supervised by physicians who specialize in pulmonary medicine, our rehab services are provided by respiratory therapists and exercise physiologists and designed to alleviate symptoms of chronic lung disease. The 12-week program teaches you how the lungs work, how to have less shortness of breath and how to live better with your lung condition.
Our rehab program includes:
- Personalized exercise training designed for your specific needs and abilities
- Education that provides you with the information, techniques and tools you need to manage your disease
- Support for you and your family to help you understand and cope with respiratory illness
To learn more about our pulmonary rehabilitation program call 443-643-3765. A physician referral is required.
At UM Upper Chesapeake Health, we believe the more you know about your respiratory health the better. These resources provide you with more information: