Mental/Behavioral Health Visitor Information
For more information call:443-843-8800 443-843-8800
DURING COVID-19 THE BEHAVIORAL HEALTH UNIT (BHU) HAS MADE TEMPORARY CHANGES TO VISITOR POLICY TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF PATIENTS, VISITORS, AND TEAM MEMBERS:
The inpatient Behavioral Health Unit (BHU) is having in person visitation by appointment only to address treatment planning, discharge planning, and other circumstances as defined by the treatment team. These appointments are scheduled through the patient's social worker. The BHU team is happy to assist with virtual visitation. Please call the charge nurse to inquire how to facilitate a virtual visit at 443-843-8054. Thank you.
The visitation policies below represent our normal procedures. PLEASE NOTE: These visitation policies are on hold during COVID-19. For more information on current guidelines please call 443-843-8800.
- All family/visitors must abide by posted visiting hours
- Visiting times may be flexed or changed according to the unit or patients' needs
- No more than two family members/visitors may visit a patient at any time
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7-8:30 pm
- Tuesday, Thursday: 2-3 pm
- Saturday, Sunday, Holidays: 2-3 pm and 7-8:30 pm
Visitation takes place in the day room, not the patient's room.
Rules and Restrictions
- No children under the age of 16 are permitted to visit unless allowed by the physician
- There is no smoking on the unit. No matches, cigarettes or lighters are allowed
- Clothes brought from home should have no strings on the clothing; no hoodies or hats
- Staff members will check any packages brought from home.
- No outside food items are allowed on the unit
- The patient you are visiting or the social worker will provide you with an access code; you will be asked for the code before entering the unit