COVID Testing at UM Upper Chesapeake
The Maryland Department of Health with the logistical and staff support of the Maryland National Guard is conducting COVID testing on the campus of UM Upper Chesapeake Medical Center (UM UCMC) in Bel Air.
This is not a UM UCMC operation; please do not call the hospital for information.
About Testing at this Location
- Only walk-ups are accepted; scheduled appointments are not available.
- This testing location can test children as young as 6 months old.
- The location offers PCR lab tests only. Learn more about the different types of COVID tests.
- Results for PCR tests generally take 24 to 48 hours, and patients should plan accordingly.
- Testing at the sites is free of charge.
Please note that any changes in hours or updates due to inclement weather will be posted on the UM Upper Chesapeake Health Facebook page.
Seven days a week, 9 am to 1 pm
- 500 Upper Chesapeake Drive, Bel Air, MD 21014
- Please do not enter the hospital campus through the main entrance or the emergency entrance, to keep those areas clear for patients.
- Just south of the main entrance on Route 24, you may make a right into the campus. This entrance is marked by a large electronic sign, similar to the ones used by the State Highway Administration. Then, follow the signs for testing parking.
Additional testing is also available at the Ripken Stadium Drive-Thru Testing Site: This is a drive-thru site from UM UCH, Harford County Health Department and various lab partners that offers both an antigen (rapid) and PCR test to individuals 2 years and up. Hours are Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. These hours will also align with Harford County Public Schools delays and closings. Ripken Stadium COVID Testing Information
State health officials urge Marylanders not to visit hospital emergency rooms just to get tested. Learn more about when to go to the hospital.
Stay Safe: Get Your Vaccine or Booster