UM SJMC Visiting Hours
Recommended visiting hours are from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. However, certain units within the medical center have specific visiting hours. Please see below.
- Visiting hours: 12:00 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
Fathers of infants may visit 24 hours a day. Siblings are allowed to visit; otherwise, children must be more than 12 years old to visit. Siblings cannot enter the nursing unit if they have colds, chicken pox, fever or evidence of infection. An adult, other than the patient, must attend siblings at all times.
General Psychiatry visiting hours are:
- Monday–Friday: 6:30–8:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 3–5 p.m. and 6:30–8:30 p.m.
Because of patients needs for rest and recuperation during shorter medical stays, these visiting guidelines must be followed:
- Only two visitors per patient at any one time.
- Visitors should limit their visits, so as not to tire patients.
- If a visitor has a cold, flu or feels ill, it is best not to visit a patient.
Visitors seeing patients in Pediatrics, Labor and Delivery, Mother/Baby Unit or the Nursery must pick up badges from the information desk in the lobby. These areas have security systems, so visitors can enter and exit only with a badge. In consideration of all patients, we discourage visits by small children. If a child is visiting in the medical center, he or she must be supervised at all times. Children are welcome to visit a new baby brother or sister and their mother in the Mother/Baby Unit.