UM SJMC Visiting Hours
Temporary Visitor Policy
Visitors: Please see our Temporary Visitor Policy before coming to our facilities. In addition to our regular visiting hours and policies, additional restrictions are in place for visitors to all patients due to the coronavirus pandemic. Thank you for helping to keep our patients safe.
- No visitors are permitted unless for end-of-life care or another designated exception. See our Temporary Visitor Policy for the list of exceptions.
- ADA-designated patient may have a support person 24/7.
- The Perinatal Center will allow one adult visitor only for anatomy surveys and no fetal heart or decreased fetal movement appointments. Patients coming for fetal testing or follow-up growth sonograms will not have a visitor, except in rare circumstances.
Because of patients' needs for rest and recuperation during shorter medical stays, these visiting guidelines must be followed:
- A visitor cannot leave the hospital and come back the same day.
- Visitors should limit the time spent at visits, so as not to tire patients.
- Visitor who have a cold, flu or feel ill should not to visit a patient.
Visitors seeing patients in Pediatrics, Labor and Delivery, Mother/Baby Unit or the Nursery must pick up badges from the information desk in the lobby. These areas have security systems, so visitors can enter and exit only with a badge.