New Mom Support
In-person and online support groups can be helpful to new moms. Joining a Facebook group or starting a texting group chat with family and friends can be a great way to get support. Below are a few other supportive options for new moms:
- All Babies Cry: This video series follows real parents for the first six months of life at home with their new baby. Drawing from decades of research on infant behavior, this series empowers new parents with practical demonstrations of infant soothing strategies for managing normal stress in parenting.
- Smart Patients Postpartum Community: This online community is a private space where women can receive peer support and feel comfortable sharing openly. One of the main goals of this community is to make mothers and families aware that effective help is available, that they can get better and that they can help you find knowledgeable providers who understand how to treat postpartum depression.
- Moms Support Group: This online support group is a place for new moms to share concerns, ask questions and receive peer support.
- The Pump Station Parent & Me Program: All Parent & Me groups are led by credentialed therapists who specialize in early child development and maternal mental health. The groups are based on a mindful and conscious parenting philosophy, emphasizing how to parent with reflection, respect and connection.
- Breastfeeding Support: This online forum provides you with resources to help you make a decision about breastfeeding and to help you with any challenges that arise with breastfeeding.
- Mothering Matters: Quality "we time" for new moms and newborns! Hosted by UM St. Joseph nurse facilitator, this social group offers time to talk, connect, laugh and learn with others who know just what you're going through. Held on Thursdays, from 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m., at Towson United Methodist Church.