More and more, women are choosing to have certified nurse-midwives (CNMs) as partners in their childbirth experience. CNMs take a holistic approach, addressing a woman's emotional and spiritual needs, as well as her physical needs. At UM St. Joseph Medical Center, our CNMs provide moms-to-be with warmth and reassurance through every stage of their pregnancy. Expecting moms depend on the certified nurse-midwives to care for their needs through all stages of pregnancy. Round-the-clock, in-hospital midwife coverage guarantees a midwife is available to provide care during your labor and birth.
At UM St. Joseph Medical Center, the certified nurse midwives of Women's Health Associates have admitting privileges, granted by UM SJMC's medical staff, and they are certified by the American College of Nurse-Midwives.
Among the services they provide are:
- Comprehensive prenatal care.
- Delivering at UM St. Joseph Medical Center, offering full obstetrical services including perinatal and neonatal specialists.
- Personalized, family-centered approach to pregnancy and childbirth.
- Comprehensive care, including education, nutrition and exercise counseling.
- Birth planning based on your wishes, including use or non-use of pain medication.
Our midwives consult with UM St. Joseph Medical Center OB/GYN physicians if there is a problem that may put mother or baby at risk.
UM St. Joseph is pleased to offer a certified nurse-midwife group:
Women's Health Associates is located at 7300 York Road in Towson, Maryland and sees patients Monday through Friday. For more information or to make an appointment, please call 410-427-5470.