Inside Looking Out
New Patient Referrals:1-800-441-SJMC (7562) 1-800-441-SJMC (7562)
Thank you for your interest in the 2018 issue of Inside Looking Out.
At UM St. Joseph Medical Center's Cancer Institute, we are committed to sharing stories which inform, enlighten and inspire so that our readers can more fully understand issues related to surviving cancer. Click on the links below to learn more about the topics discussed in the print version of Inside Looking Out.
The Importance of Colon Cancer Screening (Page 3)
- Listen to Eula Marshall explain why she shouldn't have skipped her colon cancer screening. Watch the video.
- Learn more about colon cancer. Read: Stats and Facts on Colon Cancer.
News (Page 4)
- Screening Makes a Difference Campaign- Find out when you should be screened for various types of cancer. Read the Screening Guidelines.
- 2017 Race for the Cure- Watch the Komen Pre-Show Interviews featuring breast surgeons, Dr. Michael Schultz and Dr. Ethan Rogers. Learn more about the Breast Center's No More Sleepless Nights and breast cancer risk screening programs. featuring breast surgeons, Dr. Michael Schultz and Dr. Ethan Rogers. Learn more about the Breast Center's No More Sleepless Nights and breast cancer risk screening programs.
Nutrition Booklet (Page 9)
- Interested in receiving tips on healthy eating to promote overall health and wellness? Download a copy of the booklet, "Cancer Survivorship and Health Living," from our website.
Physical Therapists Help Cancer Patients Find "Their New Normal" (Page 10)
- Hear two SM SJMC Physical Therapists explain what their jobs mean to them and how they help cancer patients. Watch the videos. Video 1; Video 2.
Integrative Health Activities at the Cancer Institute (Page 11)
- Learn more about complementary health care activities to be offered at the UM SJMC Cancer Institute.