Visits from family and friends are important to your recovery. Our visitation program is designed solely to aid the recovery of our patients by providing a secure, supportive, and healthful environment. Please ask your friends and family to observe the visitor guidelines posted at the hospital.
- Visiting is permitted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Two visitors per patient, in addition to your significant other, will be permitted unless otherwise specified.
- We require all visitors to sign in at the Information Desk so that, in the event of an emergency, we are able to best serve our patients and visitors.
- All visitors must behave in a quiet, respectful manner.
- We ask all visitors to use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting a patient’s room.
- Please observe contact precautions/isolation signage and check with nursing before entering a patient’s room with this signage. During flu season, further restrictions to visitation may be necessary.
Other Units Visiting Hours
Intensive Care Unit - Family members, caregivers and/or surrogate decision makers may visit but hours may be limited based on the needs of the patient. A waiting room is adjacent to the unit with an intercom so you can speak with the staff.
Birthing Center (University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton only)
Visiting hours for the Birthing Center are noon to 8:00 p.m. Access to this unit can only be gained by proper identification and by ringing for assistance. Fathers and support individuals will be given special armbands for increased visitation during the laboring process.
Because we care about the health and well-being of our newborn patients, it is recommended that visitors who have been exposed to any of the following should not visit:
Chickenpox (exposure within the last three weeks)
Measles (exposure within the last three weeks)
Whooping cough (exposure within the last three weeks)
Fever (experienced within the last 24 hours)
Diarrhea (experienced within the last 24 hours)
Vomiting (experienced within the last 24 hours)
Pediatric Unit (University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton only)
Visiting hours for the Pediatric Unit are 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Parents or guardians have unlimited visitation rights. One parent or guardian is encouraged to stay overnight. Visitors are limited. Siblings must be attended at all times and may not stay overnight. In consideration of all of our patients, we appreciate your cooperation in helping us maintain a quiet environment.
Depending on the activities of the department and the condition of the patient, the Emergency Department will permit visitors following triage and initial treatment of the patient. Only one visitor at a time will be allowed in the treatment areas unless otherwise approved by the nurse or physician.
The Secondary Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) will allow one visitor to be with the patient until discharge.