In order to be as transparent as possible regarding our prices and to comply with the various price transparency regulatory requirements, we have included two separate views of our prices. One reflects the prices for common procedures and services, while the other reflects the hospitals' full chargemaster. It is important to note the differences between these two. Common procedure pricing will often include charges for multiple chargemaster services, and therefore will not be comparable to any single chargemaster item. The common procedure pricing aims to more accurately reflect what a patient’s bill could actually look like for the listed procedures.
University of Maryland Shore Regional Health provides the information regarding charges for common procedures and services to help patients plan for health care expenses. The links below include the average range of fees associated with common procedures and services. The cost for services is based on a specific patient’s condition. The information below can help you estimate your costs which might be higher or lower. For additional help with estimating charges, please contact our Patient Financial Services offices at 1-800-876-3364.
- Estimated Charges for Inpatient Admissions (Updated quarterly, Updated as of December 2019)
- Estimated Charges for Common Outpatient Services (Updated quarterly, Updated as of December 2019)
CMS Price Transparency
To help our patients focus on their healthcare, and to meet a requirement of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, we have included a complete list of the hospital's standard charges. This type of file is commonly called a hospital’s “chargemaster.”
Information to keep in mind:
- Hospital charges posted on this site do not include charges for physician services, often called professional fees, which are separate from the hospital bill.
- Hospital approved rates generally reflect the average price of a group of similar services. Individual service charges are components of the larger group average, and therefore may vary from the price set by the HSCRC.
- Even though the state sets hospital prices by a certain date, hospital charges can change during the year. Charges on individual hospital bills may be different from the charges posted here.
- Individual charges that the patient is responsible for will vary based on insurance provider and insurance plan.
The following files reflect charges by UM Shore Regional Health as of January 1, 2019: