Memorial Hospital Foundation Announces Plans for 5th Annual Sporting Clays Classic
University of Maryland Memorial Hospital Foundation has announced plans for its 5th Annual Sporting Clays Classic, scheduled for Saturday, June 8, at The Point at Pintail in Queenstown. Proceeds from the event will be dedicated to the purchase an MRI Breast Coil for UM Shore Regional Health’s Clark Comprehensive Breast Center. The MRI Breast Coil is used to fully image breast patients and perform MR guided breast biopsy.
This year’s Sporting Clays Classic will feature 75 targets, lunch for participants and various prizes, raffles as well as a silent auction. Participant registration will begin at 8 a.m. with the shoot beginning at 9:15 a.m. Registration fees are: $125 per individual and $500 per team of four. Registration is limited to 300 participants.
Sponsors signed on to support this important fundraising event include:
- Tournament Sponsors — Preston Automotive Group, Jack & Susan Stoltz and The Auxiliary of Memorial Hospital at Easton
- Sure Shot Sponsor — The Whiting-Turner Contracting Co.
- Luncheon Sponsor — James Real Estate
- High Flyer Sponsors — Attraction Magazine, The Star Democrat and Willow Construction
- Pro Sponsors — CBIZ MHM, LLC & BSC Group, LLC, Shore United Bank - Easton, and Tidewater Anesthesia Associates
- Course Sponsors — Bartlett Tree Experts - Stevensville, Nancy Morton, Safechain Solutions, LLC, Shipley Law Firm and The Orthopedic Center
Sponsorship opportunities are still available.
Last year, the Clark Comprehensive Breast Center team provided breast care to more than 2,100 patients, diagnosing more than 100 new cases of breast cancer and performing 452 breast biopsies. These numbers reflect a significant increase in patient volumes over previous years.
“All of us at The Clark Comprehensive Breast Center appreciate the continued support of our local community,” says Roberta J. Lilly, MD, medical director of the Clark Comprehensive Breast Center. “Diagnostic and treatment technologies in cancer care are continually evolving and we are very grateful to the Foundation, the volunteers and participants in the Sporting Clays Classic for their help in ensuring that our Center has state-of-the-art equipment to provide the best possible care for our patients.”
Registration for the Sporting Clays Classic may be accomplished online at ummhfoundation.org/upcoming-events. For additional information and sponsorship opportunities, contact Amy Lowe, development assistant, 410-822-1000, ext. 5763 or by email, email@example.com.