Shore Comprehensive Pain Care
Shore Regional Health’s Comprehensive Pain Care, based in UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, offers a unique, effective and state-of-the-art approach to pain management. Comprehensive Pain Care is offered under the auspices of UM Shore Regional Health’s Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services. This structure provides program resources to integrate a multi-disciplinary approach to the treatment of chronic pain.
Comprehensive Pain Care team members are committed to seeking out evidence-based treatment plans, medications and therapies to combine the best of traditional Western medicine with complementary therapeutic options. Patients are accepted into the program by referral from primary care providers, orthopedists, neurosurgeons, neurologists and other medical specialists.
Each patient’s care begins with a personalized physical and medical consultation. This diagnostic session includes a review of his or her work history; recent and past injuries; past surgeries and treatments; and medication history.
From this individual profile, a specific and targeted treatment plan is developed, including:
- medication management that addresses the multiple facets of chronic pain
- minimally invasive in-office procedures, such as trigger point injections, joint injections, and nerve blocks
- outpatient fluoroscopic image-guided interventional procedures, such as epidural steroid injections, facet joint injections, sympathetic and peripheral nerve blockades, spinal cord stimulation and radio-frequency ablation
- physical therapy including specially certified manual/spine therapy, dry needling and other musculoskeletal rehabilitation techniques
- medication and lifestyle education and coaching
- referral for nutrition education and smoking cessation resources
- participation in research-based Chronic Pain Self Management classes developed by Stanford University
The mission of Comprehensive Pain Care is to create a personalized plan for each patient. The program empowers our patients to set measurable goals for improving the quality of their lives and working together to achieve them. Patients have access to physicians and nurses specializing in pain management and also to a regional network of physical therapists.
The Pain Care Team
The Shore Comprehensive Pain Care team includes:
- experienced pain management physicians that are board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation or anesthesiology
- a board certified nurse practitioner, and
- board certified pain management RNs