Emergency and Urgent Care
Shore Regional Health's emergency services are provided in four locations: UM Shore Medical Centers at Chestertown, Dorchester, and Easton, and the UM Shore Emergency Center at Queenstown. Each center is open 24/7.
UM Shore Regional Health emergency services are equipped to handle nearly any emergency situation, and are staffed by board-certified doctors, nurses and technicians who have received advanced training in emergency care for patients with a wide array of serious injuries and illnesses.
When to Seek Emergency Care:
- Breathing problems
- Heart problems (including chest or arm pain)
- Loss of consciousness or seizure
- Severe dizziness
- Infant illness
- Poisoning or drug overdose
- Severe burns
- Cuts, punctures, bites
- Child, spouse or elder abuse
- Mental health problems, such as hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren't there), threat or suicide attempt, other change in mental status
- Rape, assault or other injury sustained during a violent crime
On occasion, a patient whose condition is so critical as to warrant more advanced, tertiary care will be transferred to another larger hospital, such as the University of Maryland, once the initial stabilization and management of life threatening emergencies has occurred.
Learn more about Emergency Department triage and treatment.
Emergency Department Locations
UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown
- 100 Brown Street, Chestertown, Maryland 21620
- The emergency department entrance is in the front of the hospital along Brown Street.
UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester
- 300 Byrn Street, Cambridge, Maryland 21613
- The emergency department entrance is accessible from the main drive on the right side of the hospital, down the ramp to the lower level.
UM Shore Medical Center at Easton
- 219 S. Washington Street, Easton, Maryland 21601
- The emergency department entrance is on the south side of the hospital past the Freeman Outpatient Center entrance, accessible from either Washington Street or West Earle Avenue.
UM Shore Emergency Center at Queenstown
- 125 Shoreway Drive, Queenstown, Maryland 21658
- The entrance, on the side of the building, is clearly visible from Shoreway Drive.
Think you might need urgent care instead? Learn about our urgent care services.