Emergency and Urgent Care
UM Shore Regional Health emergency care is provided throughout the Eastern Shore. Each center is open 24/7.
- Emergency Services | UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown | 410-778-3300
- Emergency Services | UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester | 410-228-5511
- Emergency Services | UM Shore Medical Center at Easton | 410-822-1000
- UM Shore Emergency Center at Queenstown | 410-827-3900
Our services are equipped to handle nearly any emergency situation and are staffed by specialists with advanced training in emergency care.
- Unsure if you need emergency, urgent or primary care? Learn when to seek the appropriate care.
When to Seek Emergency Care:
- Allergic reaction
- Breathing problems
- Child, spouse or elder abuse
- Cuts, punctures, bites
- Infant illness
- Heart attack symptoms (including chest or arm pain)
- Loss of consciousness or seizure or severe dizziness
- Mental health problems, such as hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren't there), threat or suicide attempt or other change in mental status
- Poisoning or drug overdose
- Rape, assault or other injury sustained during a violent crime
- Serious eye or head injuries
- Severe burns
- Stroke symptoms
- Suspected drug overdose or poisoning
If a patient's condition is critical enough to need more advanced care, he or she will be transferred to another larger hospital, such as the University of Maryland once stabilized.
Think you might need urgent care instead? Learn about UM Urgent Care services.