Emergency and Urgent Care
UM Shore Regional Health's emergency services are provided in four locations: UM Shore Medical Centers at Chestertown, Dorchester, and Easton, and the UM Shore Emergency Center at Queenstown. Each center is open 24/7.
UM Shore Regional Health emergency services are equipped to handle nearly any emergency situation, and are staffed by board-certified doctors, nurses and technicians who have received advanced training in emergency care for patients with a wide array of serious injuries and illnesses.
When to Seek Emergency Care:
- Breathing problems
- Child, spouse or elder abuse
- Cuts, punctures, bites
- Infant illness
- Heart problems (including chest or arm pain)
- Loss of consciousness or seizure
- Mental health problems, such as hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren't there), threat or suicide attempt, other change in mental status
- Poisoning or drug overdose
- Rape, assault or other injury sustained during a violent crime
- Severe burns
- Severe dizziness
- Learn more about Emergency Department services.
Emergency Department Locations
- Emergency Services | UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown
100 Brown Street
Chestertown, Maryland 21620
The emergency department entrance is in the front of the hospital along Brown Street.
- Emergency Room | UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester
300 Byrn Street
Cambridge, Maryland 21613
The emergency department entrance is accessible from the main drive on the right side of the hospital, down the ramp to the lower level.
- Emergency Center | UM Shore Medical Center at Easton
219 S. Washington Street
Easton, Maryland 21601
The emergency department entrance is on the south side of the hospital past the Freeman Outpatient Center entrance, accessible from either Washington Street or West Earle Avenue.
- UM Shore Emergency Center at Queenstown
125 Shoreway Drive
Queenstown, Maryland 21658
The entrance, on the side of the building, is clearly visible from Shoreway Drive.
Think you might need urgent care instead? Learn about our urgent care services.