Ear, Nose and Throat
Ear, nose and throat specialists (also known as otolaryngologists) diagnose and treat diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat, as well as related structures in the head and neck.
We provide the full spectrum of care for a range of conditions, including:
- Sinus and Allergy: Evaluation and treatment for problems of the nasal cavity and sinuses due to allergy, structural problems or chronic infection
- Voice and Swallowing: Diagnosis using advanced imaging techniques and treatment plans for complex disorders of the voice and swallowing
- Snoring and Sleeping: Comprehensive care for snoring, sleep disturbances and underlying conditions such as sleep apnea
- Cancer of the Head and Neck: Advanced diagnostic services to evaluate symptoms like a lump in the neck, a growth in the mouth or throat, swallowing problems or changes in the voice; when found early, many cancers may be cured with minor surgery
- Pediatric Ear Nose and Throat: Special care, expertise and technology in the diagnosis and treatment for all areas of Pediatric ENT
- Hearing and Ear Disease: Evaluation of conditions including hearing loss, balance disorders, and tinnitus (ringing in ears) with non-surgical and surgical treatment options for conditions affecting the inner ear, middle ear and mastoid
Our experts use the most current technologies available, such as video endoscopy and microscopy for detailed examination and educational purposes. In the operating room, image guided surgery, minimally invasive fiberoptic approaches, high-frequency energy (plasma) and neuromonitoring are used to minimize incisions, decrease time of surgery, speed healing and increase patient safety.
University of Maryland Community Medical Group – Otolaryngology Practices
- UM CMG - ENT, Sinus and Hearing at Cambridge
- UM CMG - ENT, Sinus and Hearing at Chestertown
- UM CMG - ENT, Sinus and Hearing at Easton
- UM CMG - ENT, Sinus and Hearing at Queenstown