Cancer Support Groups
Support groups and mentors are available to patients and caregivers who are looking for guidance or additional support on their journey through cancer. Support group opportunities include:
- Easton Cancer Patient Support Group: Meets first and third Thursdays of each month from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Cancer Center at UM Shore Regional Health, 509 Idlewild Avenue, Easton. Led by Sharon Loving.
- Chestertown Cancer Patient Support Group: Meets the fourth Monday of each month at 6 p.m. in the Education Center at UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, 100 Brown Street, Chestertown. Led by Chrissy Nelson.
Contact: 410-778-3300, ext. 2175.
- Cancer Caregivers' Coffee: Meets the first Saturday of each month from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Cancer Center, 509 Idlewild Avenue, Easton. Varied topics to assist caregivers in managing care and related issues. Led by Patty Plaskon.
- CARES Program Education: Meets twice yearly. A four-week program for patients who have completed therapies. Discussions include patient experiences and lifestyle changes.
Contact: 410-820-6800, ext. 5096.
- Women Supporting Women/Breast Cancer Support Group: Meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church, 601 Church Street, Cambridge. Trained breast cancer survivors offer their support. Facilitated by Bobbie Rideout.
- Women's Health Boutique: Meets the third Friday of each month, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Clark Comprehensive Breast Center, 10 Martin Court, Easton. Provides post-mastectomy garments, prosthetics and swimwear to accommodate the needs of pre- and post-surgery patients. Services provided by a Certified Prosthesis Specialist.
For additional information about support group offerings throughout the region, view the latest issue of the Cancer Center's monthly newsletter, Thriving and Surviving.