The Bridge Clinic
The Bridge Clinic, located at University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Dorchester, assists patients who are in need of psychiatric assistance and support immediately following discharge from an inpatient behavioral health treatment program. For up to 90 days, the Bridge Clinic “bridges the gap” between a patient’s discharge and his or her first connection with a permanent mental health care provider in the community.
- Ensuring continuity of care by providing therapy coverage for enrolled patients until they can be connected to an outpatient mental health care provider within the community
- Collaborating with community mental health providers and resources to keep enrolled patients safe and from needing emergency care
- Providing appointments and walk-in hours for enrolled patients for counseling
- Providing psychiatric treatment for enrolled patients by appointment
- Offering support group meetings for enrolled patients and/or their family members
Patients eligible for Bridge Clinic services meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Have been referred to the Clinic by a social worker at the time of discharge from the inpatient program and do not have prompt access to mental health counseling and psychiatry resources, or have been referred by their own physician, advanced practice provider or other referral source
- Are attending or are soon to be discharged from Shore Behavioral Health’s intensive, outpatient mental health program (Mental Health IOP) and are referred by the IOP clinician
Saeed Salehinia, MD*
Sean Alvarado, Med, NCC, LCPC-S, LCADAS
Practice Manager and Therapist
* Provider is affiliated with UM Shore Medical Group (UM SMG).
Bridge Clinic Schedule
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Fridays, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- “Open Group” Support Group Meetings: Tuesdays, 6-7:30 pm (no registration required)
Walk-in Hours: Wednesdays, 10 am - 12 pm (open to enrolled Bridge Clinic patients)
For questions or concerns, please contact:
Crystal Amoia, Lead Front Office Coordinator
The Bridge Clinic
2 Aurora Street
Cambridge, Maryland 21613
410-228-5511, ext. 2140 (Please leave a message if staff are unavailable to answer.)