Chesapeake College Vaccination Location
Through a partnership between University of Maryland Shore Regional Health (UM SRH) and Chesapeake College, COVID-19 vaccinations will be offered by appointment in the College's Eastern Shore Higher Education Center on the Wye Mills campus.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is free, whether you have insurance or not.
- Vaccination at Chesapeake College is by appointment only, we cannot accept walk-ins.
Steps for Getting the Vaccine
#1 - Determine if you are currently eligible for the vaccination.
According to the state's phased distribution plan, all Marylanders 16 and older are eligible to receive the vaccine. Anyone age 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to be vaccinated. The parent or guardian will sign the consent form.
#2 - If eligible, register for your vaccine appointment online.
If you are eligible to be vaccinated at this time, you may fill out this form to request a vaccination appointment. (Note: This form may not compatible with your version of Internet Explorer or Edge.)
Once an appointment is available, you will be contacted. Please note the link you will receive to schedule may be from the domain "tav7.com." It is a legitimate link from UMMS.
Completing this form does not create an appointment. Even if you qualify to get the vaccine now, you will have to wait to make your appointment.
Click on the button below to fill out the pre-registration form to request a vaccination appointment.
#3 - When contacted, schedule your appointment.
When you receive a link to schedule your vaccine, please note that appointment times and dates will vary.
When choosing the date for your vaccination, please keep in mind that you cannot be vaccinated:
- Until 14 days after receiving a different vaccination (not COVID-related)
- Until 10 days after receiving a COVID-19 diagnosis
- If you have an active COVID-19 infection at the time of your appointment
- Until 90 days after receiving a monoclonal or polyclonal antibody infusion or convalescent plasma
Please review this important patient information before your appointment for details about what to do before getting your shot, and what to expect when you arrive at your appointment at Chesapeake College.
Withdrawing Your Registration
Note: If you receive the UMMS email to schedule your appointment, but have already received your vaccination elsewhere, please take a moment to let us know. Click on the "Withdraw My Registration" link in the email, select your reason for canceling and press "Submit."
#4 - Go to your appointment.
Please keep in mind:
- Identification or proof of appointment (printed or electronic) will be required at your appointment.
- Please don't arrive more than 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Come to your first appointment prepared to schedule the appointment for your second dose, if required, before leaving the vaccination location.
Rescheduling, Canceling or Reporting a Problem
- If you need to reschedule your appointment, or if you have issues scheduling your appointment, please find your confirmation email and click on the "Report Problem" link. Then, add your desired rescheduling date or indicate "no preference" and click "Submit."
- At this time, we are unable to cancel appointments. If you have already been vaccinated or cannot make it to your appointment, you do not need to call or email to cancel.
The vaccination clinic takes place variable times and hours. You must have an appointment and come at your scheduled time.
Getting to Your Vaccination Appointment
Chesapeake College: 1000 College Circle, Wye Mills, MD 21679
Entrance & Parking
Please enter the Chesapeake College campus from the entrance on Route 662, located near the back of the campus. Public safety officers are at this entrance to provide additional navigation guidance.
Vaccinations are taking place in the Eastern Shore Higher Education Center (see building number 13 on this map). Parking is free and is available next to the Center. Handicap parking is available.
At Your Appointment
Plan to be at the vaccination site for at least 1 hour, not including travel time and time to park. Please don't arrive more than 15 minutes before your appointment. Vaccines are by appointment only to minimize wait times.
- You will not be able to choose the vaccine that you get. For your first shot, you will get the vaccine that is available at that time.
- Come prepared to make your second dose appointment before you leave, if the vaccine requires two doses. It will be 3 or 4 weeks in the future, depending on which vaccine you get. Your second shot will be the same vaccine as your first.
- Restrooms are available onsite.
- The vaccination location is handicap accessible.