UM Shore Regional Health Goes Purple!
The five counties served by UM Shore Regional Health will be "going purple" for the month of September to support awareness and education regarding the epidemic of drug use, addiction and overdose that is affecting individuals and families throughout the region.
Going Purple Kick Off Events
- Caroline -- Friday, August 31, Fed Up Rally, 6 p.m., Denton Elementary School, Sharp Road, Denton
- Dorchester-- Friday, August 31, 7:30 pm, Sailwinds Amphitheater, Visitor Center, 2 Rose Hill Place, Cambridge
- Talbot -- Wednesday, September 5, 7:30 pm, Talbot County Courthouse followed by “Walk of Solidarity” around the block in front of the Courthouse, sponsored by Recovery for Shore and Mariah's Mission
- Kent -- Friday, September 7, 7:30, Kent County Courthouse, Chestertown
- Queen Anne's -- Thursday, September 6, 7:30 p.m., Kent Island Volunteer Fire Department, 1610 Main St, Chester
Other events scheduled for the month long campaign are as follows:
- Sept. 9 Kent Goes Purple 5k Color Fun Run, 7:30 a.m. check-ins; 8:30 a.m. race start at Wilmer Park. Click to register (https://www.active.com/chestertown-md/running/distance-running/kent-goes-purple-5k-color-fun-run-2018)
- Sept. 9 Talbot Goes Purple Second Annual FREE 5K, 8 a.m. bib pickup; 9 a.m. race TriCycle and Run, St. Michaels. Click to register (https://tricycleandrun.com/2018/08/06/2nd-annual-talbot-goes-purple-free-5k-fun-run/)
- Sept. 9 - Dorchester Goes Purple Tailgate to Celebrate Recovery, 12 to 4 p.m. Portside Seafood Restaurant
- Sept. 15 - Talbot Goes Purple / Purple in the Park: Tilghman Island, 1 to 4 p.m. Kronsberg Park
- Sept. 22 -- Caroline Goes Purple / Greensboro Goes Purple, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Ober Park Playground
‘If Only’ - Film ScreeningsPresented by The Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation and Millennium Health, If Only is a short film intended for teens, parents and adults to raise awareness about the dangers of prescription drug misuse and abuse and to start a conversation that encourages the safe use, storage and disposal of prescription drugs to keep them out of the hands of kids.
- Sept. 24, 6:30 p.m. at North Caroline High School (Free ice cream social after)
- Sept. 25, 6:30 p.m. Easton High School (Resource Fair at 5:30)
- Sept. 26, 6:30 p.m. St. Michaels Middle High School (Resource Fair at 5:30)
- Sept. 27, 6:30 p.m. Colonel Richardson High School (Free ice cream social after)
Purple Sport Events
- Sept. 5 - Talbot Goes Purple, 4 p.m., JV, and 5 p.m.,Varsity soccer at EHS. Kids in purple get in free!
- Sept. 14 - Kent Goes Purple, Time, TBD, KCHS, Varsity Football Pre-game Rally and Half-time Show
- Sept. 20 - Talbot Goes Purple, SMMHS Golf, TIME TBD
- Sept. 26 - Talbot Goes Purple, SMMHS Soccer, TIME TBD
- Online at TalbotGoesPurple.org AND QACGoesPurple.org
- E.D Supply – Easton, Cambridge
- The Lumberyard, St. Michaels
- JBK Hardware, Chestertown
- Price and Gannon Ace Hardware Store, Centreville
- Kent Island True Value Hardware Store, Chester
- Caroline County Courthouse, Denton