Telemedicine: Online Doctor Visits
At UM Rehabilitation and Orthopaedics Institute, we are committed to bringing you the care you need to remain safe and healthy.
Telemedicine appointments allow patients continued access to our experienced healthcare professionals in the secure setting of home.
How to Make an Appointment
- Existing patients with access to MyPortfolio can request a virtual visit there or call the office directly.
- New patients should contact the provider by phone.
Search for a provider's contact information using Find a Doctor.
What Telemedicine Can Do
Telemedicine allows management of a variety of chronic and acute health conditions, and it allows you to save travel time and observe social distancing and current CDC health recommendations.
Services available will vary by provider. Contact your provider for more details.
- New patient consultations
- Reviewing lab and test results
- Follow-up care (routine and after hospitalization)
- Medication checks and some prescription refills
- Transitional care management, which follows a discharge from a hospital
- Second opinions or evaluation for a particular treatment, such as organ transplantation
How Telemedicine Works
To meet the needs of our patients we offer a variety of types of telehealth visits. Which type of appointment is right for you will depend on the nature of your issue. Your provider's office can help set you up with the right appointment.
Our telemedicine video appointments include real-time video and audio as well as a chat feature. UMMS uses Zoom as its preferred telemedicine video tool. Learn more about how to connect to a telemedicine appointment.
Scheduled Telephone Visits
Patients may also use their phones for telemedicine appointments. Call your provider to make an appointment. You will be given a scheduled time and a number to call.