Spinal Cord Injury Specialists
Call for APPOINTMENT:410-328-8680 410-328-8680
Members of the patient care team evaluate patients at admission, and then work together to create individualized treatment plans and provide ongoing care. The following clinicians are called upon as necessary as part of the patient care team:
- Physician Director with specialty certification in Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
- Consultant physicians from specialties such as: Urology, ENT, Infectious Disease and Orthopedics
- Certified Rehabilitation Nurses
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech/Language Pathologists
- Therapeutic Recreational Therapists
- Case Managers
- Respiratory Therapists
- Clinical Dietician
- Psychiatric Liaison Nurses
The patient care team holds weekly meetings to discuss and evaluate the patient's progress and goals. Discharge plans are formulated at these meetings, particularly as they relate to caregiver needs and home safety.
To refer a patient to the Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation program, or for more information, please contact the University Post Acute Referral Service at 410-328-8680.