Baltimore Magazine "Excellence in Nursing" Issue Honors 10 from UMMS
For immediate release: May 04, 2015
Baltimore Magazine "Excellence in Nursing" Honorees
Baltimore magazine is honoring six University of Maryland Medical Center nurses in its first-ever “Excellence in Nursing” issue for May.
In preparation for this special issue, the editors of Baltimore asked readers to begin submitting nominations. They report they were overwhelmed with submissions from grateful patients and health professionals from all over the Baltimore area. They recruited an expert panel of nurse leaders from the region to help select 50 of the most outstanding nurses in 18 categories.
The nurses chosen by the magazine from the University of Maryland Medical System in the following categories are:
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital
University of Maryland Medical Center
Medical Surgical Nursing
- Megan Jendrossek, BSN, RN, Neurocare Acute
- Chiemerie Uche, BSN, RN, PCCN, Medical Intermediate Care
- Lisa Rowen, DNSc, RN, FAAN, senior vice president and chief nursing officer at UMMC
- Renee Kwok, BSN, RN, OCN, Radiation Oncology, UM Greenebaum Cancer Center
- Todd Milliron, RN, Stoler Pavilion, UM Greenebaum Cancer Center
- Erin Lock, MSN, ACNP-BC, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton
- Jeannine LeMieux, BSN, RN, PCCN, Staff Education Specialist for UMMS
University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center
Community Care/Ambulatory Care
- Mary Jo Huber, BSN, RN, PCCN
In the Nurse Educator category, the magazine honored Jane Kirschling, PhD, RN, FAAN, dean of the University of Maryland School of Nursing. Kirschling and Rowen collaborate on a partnership between the School of Nursing and the Medical Center – “University of Maryland Nursing” -- to enhance education, professional development and research efforts for staff nurses, nurse faculty and student nurses across both organizations.
Read more about how nurses were selected and see a list of all winners.