UMMS Announces Five New Board of Directors Members
UMMS Media Relations:
BALTIMORE – Five veteran leaders of the business, government, legal and medical communities have been appointed by Governor Larry Hogan to five-year terms on the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) Board of Directors.
"The diverse experience of these five individuals will be invaluable as our Board sets the direction for our non-profit health system across Maryland for both the immediate future as well as the long-term," said Robert A. Chrencik, MBA, CPA, President and Chief Executive Officer, University of Maryland Medical System. "The healthcare environment continues is ever-changing and in order to ensure our goal of having the right patient in the right place at the right time we must ensure that we have a breadth of experience on our Board to help guide the system."
New UMMS Board Members:
- Chip DiPaula Mr. DiPaula's career includes several leadership positions in state government, including Chief of Staff to former Maryland Governor Robert Ehrlich, Jr. and secretary of the Maryland Department of Budget and Management. He also served as the chief executive officer and assistant convention manager for the Republican National Conventions in Philadelphia and San Diego. Currently Mr. DiPaula serves as co-founder of Flywheel Digital, a digital marketing and sales agency.
- Michelle A. Gourdine, MD Dr. Gourdine is a pediatrician and CEO of Michelle Gourdine & Associates, LLC, an award-winning healthcare consulting firm. She serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine and also as a member of the University System of Maryland Board of Regents. Dr. Gourdine formerly served as Deputy Secretary of Maryland's Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and as Health Commissioner for Baltimore County. Dr. Gourdine is also the author of the book Reclaiming Our Health: A Guide to African American Wellness.
- Louis P. Jenkins, Jr., Esq. The principal of Jenkins Law Firm, LLC in La Plata, MD concentrating in real estate transactions and civil litigation, since 2007 Mr. Jenkins has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center, a member hospital of the University of Maryland Medical System. In addition to his private law practice, Mr. Jenkins serves on the Board of Directors of Community Bank of the Chesapeake, a Maryland chartered bank.
- Robert "Bob" D. Rauch, PE – Mr. Rauch is a principal with the civil engineering and construction management firm RAUCH, Inc. and serves as a member of the University System of Maryland Board of Regents. Mr. Rauch also serves on the University of Maryland Civil Engineering Board of Visitors and the Talbot County Historical Society Board of Directors. Prior to moving to the private sector, Mr. Rauch served with the Maryland Department of Natural Resources and as Director of Public Works for Talbot County.
- Antonio P. Salazar, Esq. Mr. Salazar has over 25 years of commercial banking, transactional and work-out experience and currently heads the Banking and Financial Institutions practice at Davis, Agnor, Rapaport & Skalny, LLC, where his practice areas include banking law, commercial financing transactions, loan restructurings and work-outs, real estate and general business law and transactions. Mr. Salazar has also served as the deputy general counsel of a large regional Mid-Atlantic bank as well as for a large regional law firm in the District of Columbia.
A full list of the UMMS Board of Directors can be found here: http://umms.org/leadership/board-of-directors
About University of Maryland Medical System
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) currently includes 12 health systems and hospitals across Maryland including the University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center; University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center; University of Maryland Medical Center; University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus; University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute; University of Maryland Shore Regional Health; University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center; and University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health System, as well as the freestanding University of Maryland Shore Emergency Center at Queenstown and the University of Maryland Shore Nursing & Rehabilitation Center in Chestertown. UMMS also operates Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital as a joint venture with Johns Hopkins and also operates University of Maryland Medical System Health Plans for Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries.