Many types of patients, including diabetic, geriatric, post-surgical and post-trauma patients, can benefit from the advanced treatments and expertise offered by the Wound Healing Center.
Wounds treated at the Center include:
- Venous, pressure, diabetic, neuropathic and arterial ulcers
- Tissue and bone damage caused by radiation or infection
- Tissue damage caused by vascular insufficiencies
- Human and animal bites
- Surgical wounds
- Skin irritations
The Center offers a wide variety of treatment options, including:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy – a method of administering highly concentrated oxygen to a patient that helps speed up the healing process.
- Bio-engineered skin substitutes – an outer and/or inner layer of skin planted into a support structure temporarily takes over the functions of the skin until it can heal
- Negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) – a sealed wound dressing connected to a vacuum pump applies pressure to the wound and promotes healing
- Debridement – dead, damaged or infected tissue is removed in order to improve the healing potential of the remaining tissue
Make an Appointment
To ask a question, make an appointment, or refer a patient, please call 1-855-866-HEAL (4327) or 410-225-8600.