Save Your Sight
Call for appointment:410-225-8070 410-225-8070
Your eyes — they allow you to see the soft glow of a sunrise and the first steps of your child. They also enable you to drive a car, watch television and enjoy countless other activities. So why risk your sight?
According to a study by the National Eye institute, low vision and blindness affect 3.3 million Americans ages 40 and older, and this number is projected to climb to 5.5 million by 2020.
Protect your vision from disease and injury by following these guidelines recommended by Prevent Blindness America:
- Have regular eye exams every one to two years.
- Wear proper eye gear around machinery and lawn mowers and during sporting activities.
- Wear sunglasses with 99 percent to 100 percent UVA and UVB protection.
- Avoid smoking, eat healthy foods, control your blood pressure and stay physically active.
- Be prepared for emergencies. Stock your first-aid kit with an eye shield and eyewash.
It is never too early to start protecting your vision. Eye care starts in childhood and continues for a lifetime.