Visiting the Inpatient Mental Health Unit
Call for appointment:410-328-6231 410-328-6231
Visiting hours are Monday through Friday 1-2 pm and 6-8 pm and 1-3 pm on weekends and holidays.
Visitors check in at the information desk in the main lobby and then got to the sixth floor. Once there, someone from security will greet them and take them through the mandatory safety processes, including wanding with a metal detector.
- Patients may have up to two visitors at a time.
- Visitors must be 12 years of age or older, and minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- No outside food permitted for patients or visitors
- Visitors’ belongings (including purses, bags, coats, hats, scarves, cell phones, keys, etc.) will be placed into individual lockers for the duration of the visit and are not allowed on the unit — with no exceptions
- Any items (clothing, footwear, hygiene supplies, etc.) brought in for patients must be checked by clinical staff. Some items require special permission from the patients’ physician.
- Visits are at the discretion of the treatment team. Visiting outside of established visiting hours is only allowed for special circumstances and after approval by the attending physician.
Questions? Please call the inpatient unit at 410-225-8155.