Clinical Scholar Program at UM SJMC
About the Program
The Clinical Scholar Program offers talented, senior-year nursing students an opportunity to earn valuable nursing scholarship financial assistance while supporting their smooth transition from the classroom to the professional workplace.
The program is currently available to qualified nursing students at:
- Towson University
- CCBC Essex
- Harford Community College
- Notre Dame of Maryland
- CCBC Catonsville
- University of Maryland
To be considered, each student must complete an online application and the clinical scholar application packet in addition to completing their senior practicum on the scholar unit of hire.
The Clinical Nurse I role is reserved for the new graduate or nurse with less than 12 months of experience. The nurse will utilize this time to learn the institution and nursing practice. A nurse in this role will:
- Successfully pass the probationary period
- Complete the New Grad Residency Program
- Utilize the nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a professional nurse
- Participate in activities develop practice and to support group practice goals at the unit level
- Function effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Be accountable to patients, visitors and team members for care provided and to the nurse manager for totality of work performance
We offer a comprehensive compensation package including continuing education support and more.
To be eligible for the Clinical Scholars Program, students must:
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Be entering their senior year with your last semester ending in May 2024 at Towson University, CCBC Essex, Harford Community College, Notre Dame of Maryland, CCBC Catonsville or University of Maryland.
- Submit two recommendation forms from a clinical instructor and faculty member, or from two clinical instructors.
- Submit your official transcript at the time the current semester grades are posted.
- Sit for the NCLEX exam within 60 days of graduation from their nursing program.
Click the button below to review the requirements and directions for applying to the Clinical Scholar Program. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about the program, contact Ellen Sheridan, MS, MEd, RN, email@example.com, 410-337-1524.Click here to apply