Laurel 3-4-5 COVID Infusion Center Patient Information
The Maryland Department of Health has authorized UM Capital Region Health to offer monoclonal antibody therapy (mAb) for COVID patients who have mild to moderate symptoms and meet other criteria. Patients must be referred by a physician for this treatment.
UM Capital Region Health's Laurel 3-4-5 Alternate Care Site (Laurel ACS) has opened an outpatient infusion center. The center offers mAb via intravenous (IV) infusion to patients 18 and up. The Federal Drug Administration (FDA) has approved these treatments for COVID-19 on an emergency basis.
The monoclonal antibody therapies offered at the Laurel ACS Infusion Center include:
- Bamlanivimab (manufactured by Eli Lilly) – Patient Fact Sheet (also available in Spanish)
- A combination of casirivimab and imdevimab, administered simultaneously (more widely known as Regeneron, the manufacturer's name) – Patient Fact Sheet (also available in Spanish)
Who Can Receive mAb Treatment at Laurel 3-4-5
The Eli Lilly and Regeneron treatments are both authorized for use in non-hospitalized patients who meet specific criteria, including but not limited to mild-to-moderate symptoms and a high risk for developing severe COVID-19 or the need for hospitalization.
This includes patients who are 65 years of age or older or those who have certain chronic medical conditions. For more about these treatments and potential side effects, please reference the Patient Fact Sheets, linked above.
Only eligible patients who have been referred by a provider and then approved to receive the treatment will be contacted for scheduling.
For Providers: How to Refer a Patient for Treatment
What to Expect
- Visitors are not allowed for adult patients. People with disabilities may have one person accompany them.
- Please plan to spend two hours at the Infusion Center for treatment, including one hour of observation.
- Everyone must wear a surgical mask at all times while on the premises of the UM Laurel Medical Center including in the Laurel ACS Infusion Center.
Hours: The Laurel 3-4-5 ACS Infusion Center is open Monday through Friday, 8 am – 4 pm.
Location: UM Laurel Medical Center, 7300 Van Dusen Road, Laurel, MD 20707
Getting to the Infusion Center
Patients should park in Lot D. Once parked, please call 301-256-3719 to let us know you have arrived. We will send someone to escort you to the Infusion Center.