COVID Testing at the Convention Center
We will generally be open during light to moderate rain but may pause operations due to lightning or severe weather. In the case of severe weather, please check this page or call our call center at 410-649-6200.
In the effort to fight COVID-19, the Baltimore Convention Center (BCC) is being utilized as a facility that offers outpatient COVID testing as well vaccinations and COVID treatment.
How to Get a COVID Test at BCC
For COVID testing, walk-ins are recommended or you may schedule an appointment online.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 8 am – 3:30 pm
- 8 – 10 am is the busiest time for COVID testing. For walk-ins or appointments, we recommend stopping by or scheduling an appointment in the afternoon.
- When scheduling a visit, please use your full legal name and bring ID to the appointment.
- For questions about testing or obtaining test results, please call 410-649-6200.
At Your COVID Testing Appointment
Please arrive at the Convention Center no more than 15 minutes before your appointment. When it is time for your test, you will visit a registration booth, where we will confirm your appointment time and personal details.
A clinician will insert a long swab ("Q-tip") into the back of your nostrils to collect the test specimen. This type of test we use is considered the most accurate and reliable. Some patients report minor discomfort at most.
COVID Test Results
Patients will be able to get their results within 2–5 days (sometimes sooner) via text message or phone call or by accessing UMMS dedicated online patient portal. Learn more about MyPortfolio patient portal.
Getting to Your Appointment
The Baltimore Convention Center Field Hospital Testing Center is located at:
- 1 W Pratt St Baltimore, MD 21201. Located on S Sharp Street between Pratt and Conway Streets. See Google Map of location.
Parking is not available at the Convention Center. You can park at nearby garages for $10 (up to 8 hours) by going to this link: iparkit.com. You must use the link and pay through the app to get the $10 rate; no additional validation is needed. We cannot validate parking for any other garages.
The BCC is accessible by many forms of public transportation, including:
- Charm City Circulator (Orange line to Convention Center)
- Light rail (Pratt Street stop)
- Metro subway (Charles Center)
- MARC Train (Camden Line)
To meet the increased need for care due to COVID-19, the Baltimore Convention Center Field Hospital was established in March 2020 to provide:
- Treatment for COVID-19 (an inpatient field hospital and outpatient infusion therapies)
- Testing for COVID-19
- Vaccination for COVID-19
Jointly operated by: