BCCFH - For Healthcare Providers
Patient Transfer Criteria
Review the Hospital and Emergency Department Referrals criteria for a comparison of what type of patients should be referred to the BCCFH and what type should be referred to the Tri Center at the Lord Baltimore Hotel.
Process for Patient Transfer
- All transfers should be initiated through the UMMC Access Center at 410-328-1234.
Steps for transfer:
- A physician at the originating site will make the initial call to the Access Center at 410-328-1234 and will be connected with a receiving physician and triage nurse to determine if a patient meets the criteria. Please specifically let them know you would like to initiate a transfer to the Baltimore Convention Center Field Hospital.
- If the BCCFH accepts the patient, the originating hospital should notify the patient's family, arrange transportation and send the facesheet and clinical notes.
- Please review this Patient Brochure and share it with patients and families. It has photos, answers FAQs and includes what belongings to bring.
- Transportation should drop off the patient at designated BCCFH drop-off location, which is via the Conway St. Ramp, underneath the BCC.
Convention Center Drop-off Directions
Patient parking and drop-off is on West Conway Street between Charles and Sharp Streets. See Google Map of location.
A ramp in the median — accessed traveling westbound in the left lane of West Conway Street — leads to the parking/drop-off area. See photo at right.
Please stop at the entrance ramp. Our security personnel will instruct you how to proceed to the correct drop off spot. Please ensure that the patient has their belongings and is met safely by our nursing staff.