How to Get the COVID Vaccine
UMMS and its affiliated hospitals are working with the State to vaccinate Marylanders according to the state's plan.
The COVID-19 vaccine is free, whether you have insurance or not.
- Vaccination is by appointment only, we cannot accept walk-ins.
- The number of available appointments is determined by the supply of vaccine, which is limited at this time.
Steps for Getting the Vaccine
#1 - Determine if you are currently eligible for the vaccination.
According to the state's phased distribution plan, all Marylanders 16 and older are eligible to receive the vaccine. Anyone age 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to be vaccinated. The parent or guardian will sign the consent form.
#2 - If eligible, register for your vaccine appointment online.
If you are eligible to be vaccinated at this time, you may fill out this form to request a vaccination appointment. (Note: This form may not compatible with your version of Internet Explorer or Edge.)
Once an appointment is available, you will be contacted. Please note the link you will receive to schedule may be from the domain "tav7.com." It is a legitimate link from UMMS.
Completing this form does not create an appointment. Even if you qualify to get the vaccine now, you will have to wait to make your appointment.
Click on the button below to fill out the pre-registration form to request a vaccination appointment.
#3 - When contacted, schedule your appointment.
When you receive a link to schedule your vaccine, please note that appointment times and dates will vary.
When choosing the date for your vaccination, please keep in mind that you cannot be vaccinated:
- Until 14 days after receiving a different vaccination (not COVID-related)
- Until 10 days after receiving a COVID-19 diagnosis
- If you have an active COVID-19 infection at the time of your appointment
- Until 90 days after receiving a monoclonal or polyclonal antibody infusion or convalescent plasma
Please review this important patient information before your appointment for details about what to do before getting your shot, and what to expect when you arrive at your appointments.
Withdrawing Your Registration
Note: If you receive the UMMS email to schedule your appointment, but have already received your vaccination elsewhere, please take a moment to let us know. Click on the "Withdraw my Registration" link in the email, select your reason for canceling and press "Submit."
#4 - Go to your appointment.
Please keep in mind:
- Identification or proof of appointment (printed or electronic) will be required at your appointment.
- Please don't arrive more than 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Come to your first appointment prepared to schedule the appointment for your second dose, if required, before leaving the vaccination location.
Rescheduling, Canceling or Reporting a Problem
- If you need to reschedule your appointment, or if you have issues scheduling your appointment, please find your confirmation email and click on the "Report Problem" link. Then, add your desired rescheduling date or indicate "no preference" and click "Submit."
- At this time, we are unable to cancel appointments. If you have already been vaccinated or cannot make it to your appointment, you do not need to call or email to cancel.
Find More Vaccine Locations in Maryland
- Search the Maryland Department of Health's website by:
- Baltimore Convention Center Vaccine Location
- M&T Bank Stadium Mass Vaccination Site