When to Call Anne Arundel Women's Health
Call for appointment:410-553-8260 410-553-8260
Call the UM Community Medical Group Women's Health office at 410-553-8260 during normal business hours (8 am to 4 pm) to speak to the nurse or leave a message for your doctor or midwife for:
- Minor illness such as a head cold
- Vaginal infection
- Questions about your pregnancy
- Prescription refills
Test results will be discussed at your next scheduled visit. If there is a need to discuss your results prior to your next appointment, our medical staff will contact you promptly by telephone.
Urgent Medical Problems
A midwife or doctor is always available to you by telephone. Please call 410-553-8260 immediately if you are experiencing one of the following:
- Vaginal bleeding
- Severe abdominal pain not relieved by rest or change in position
- Vomiting so severe you have not been able to keep water down for a whole day
- More than 5-6 rhythmic contractions per hour more than 3 weeks before your due date
- Your baby is not moving
- Sudden severe swelling, especially in your face
- Severe headache that does not get better with rest, drinking water or acetaminophen
- A gush of fluid from your vagina
If you are in labor or have an urgent problem, call us right away no matter what time of day or night. After 4 pm, you will reach the UM BWMC answering service. They will take your information and call your doctor or midwife. Please be sure to tell them if you are a doctor or midwife patient so that the appropriate person will call you call back.
Someone should call you back within 15 minutes. If you do not receive a call back, please call again. If you do not receive a call within 30 minutes of your initial call, call labor and delivery at 410-595-1785. It is possible your doctor or midwife is delivering another patient's baby, thus unable to return your call promptly.